I forgot the word shampoo so I wrote “hair wash” on the grocery list
what would u write if u forgot the word “tampons”?
Intrepid childhood missions;
jumping off tree houses,
to rocket off to space with a
trajectory aimed at Mars,
pirates blasting canons
duck and dive… Watch your head!
they’re attacking they’re attacking,
run away from Billy! An infection
he’s got, gonna kill us like in that
horror movie I peeped at last night.
leading to scraped knees and
eyes burning with tears held back.
Pain is scratched off
as easily as the scab grown over.
The scar tissue leaves a mark
on the temporary human shell
stained for life.
Scar tissue is stronger,
but when broken again,
takes longer to heal.
- She smells like the ground minutes before it starts to snow.
- Some nights, even though we’re miles apart, I wake up and I imagine she has woken up also. Maybe neither one of us will even know why, or maybe I’m wrong and she’s fast asleep, but I imagine her reaching her arm over only to find an empty bed. I imagine myself filling up that space. I truly believe we reach for each other.
- She laughs like she belongs in the wild; she cannot be tamed, and I’m addicted to that.
- Her mouth looks like petals blooming. I want to get close enough to feel…
- She never once wanted to talk about my past.
- She told me she sees a therapist; she has no idea how much that turns me on. Baby, I love that you care enough to fix your issues.
- She draped herself in my favorite color.
- Kissing her gave me a better feeling than all the sex I’ve ever had.
- Her hands touch me like they’re trying to save my life.